Though I am very tired of being asked what someone can get me for Christmas, I never stopped to think why this bothers me. Today I finally, duh, realized that it is because I really don’t seem to need stuff that someone else can be reasonably expected to get me. In other words, the things I really want as gifts are either too expensive or too customized (so that I’d basically need to get it for myself since my desires are integral to its creation) for anyone to get me. I completely understand this. Completely. Still, I get asked so I decided to type up a list of the things I most want for Christmas. N.B., these are presented with the great amount of selfishness that is necessary to truly indicate what one wants. Don’t judge me because of it.
So, here we go:
1) World peace. See Miss Congeniality. I had to say that.
2) I want to be able to pay for the bassoon that Benson Bell is making for me. This is going to be due sometime after next summer and that is a LOT of money.
3) I want the RSO League to help me fund the contra purchase I’m working on.
4) I want a KTM 990 Adventure S.
5) I want that new Canon IS L 70-200 lens I’ve been after for some time.
6) I want one of the new generation of compact flash digital recorders (I’ve got a Microtrak.) with a really nice microphone.
7) I want two weeks in Germany so that I can really do the study I need to do.
8) I want to not have to worry about my mom’s finances.
9) I want to finally decide whether I’m staying in RIC or moving to Chicago. Finally. Period.
10) I really would like about two hours and $5K to spend in Saks.
There, have at it all of you who are after me to tell you. That’s honesty, baby.