I’ve had all these tabs open for days and days. Training kept me too busy/tired to post. But here are some things to help make Tuesday morning more interesting:
- Five poetic phrases culled from Joe McConnell’s Bay Area radio traffic report, from 5ives. this is funny because we always hear the traffic report by Joe McConnell on the way to the CalTrain station every morning. Oh, NPR.
- how many sequels? Given my self-proclaimed expertise in bad horror, I did shockingly poorly on this. 4/10. ouch.
- A series of photos capturing, for the first time clearly, an egg ovulating. Did you think I wouldn’t post this?
- A follow-up on the bees. Short answer? They are still disappearing. And no one knows why still. Terrifying.
- Finally, an interview with Douglas Hofstadter, after the publication of “I am a Strange Loop”. He wrote GEB and edited The Mind’s I, which might be one of the best books I have ever read. I’ve been cranking on it for a year, haven’t finished and love it more than I can admit.